Metanoia Research Centre
Dr Biljana van Rijn
Faculty Head of Research and Doctoral Programmes
At Metanoia Institute Research Centre we aim to
· develop the practitioner-researcher voice in psychotherapy and counselling,
· engage in the exploration of our treatment theories
· develop evaluation of routine psychotherapy practice
· embrace, develop and explore the contemporary approaches to psychotherapy, and
· develop psychotherapy and counselling training
Our research groups, led by the academic staff demonstrate our engagement with these different areas of practice, and are open to students and external partners who wish to join us. They are engaged in publications and involved in a range of national and international research events. All of our staff's and doctoral student's research and publications can be found on Mirep, the institutes Research Repository.
To that end, our Centre is a hub for different research groups and initiatives, contributing to a lively research culture and exchange. Our Metanoia Institute ethos of high quality training and practice leads us to engage in developing research partnerships both locally and internationally, with different professional, academic and community groups.
We have also recently launched a new call for research participants noticeboard. If you feel you could have the benefit from exposure on our website for participants, please click here to access the board to submit your research.