Applicants will normally be expected to have:
- A first degree or equivalent qualification.
- Already using creative writing whether personally or professionally.
- A short course in Counselling (minimum 15 hours), or equivalent academic experience; willingness to undertake counselling for themselves, if appropriate.
- The personal qualities which have been identified as crucial in therapeutic work and in courses of this kind, namely warmth of personality, flexibility of thinking, the capacity for sensitive response to a wide range of people and issues, and the ability to critique and evaluate ideas and outcomes.
- This course applicants to submit 6 pages of creative writing and a page of reflection on it.
Metanoia occasionally offers an APEL (Accreditation of Prior Learning) route for a student for whom Year 1 would involve repeating learning, skills and experience they already have. This route is for a very few students into the second year of the course and involves a preliminary interview to assess suitability. To enquire please contact firstname.lastname@example.org