Information for students attending Middlesex University
Metanoia @ Middlesex University
In order to ensure both student and staff safety whilst attending your training weekends at Middlesex University campus we ask you to please follow the below guidelines:
Health & Safety
· If you are traveling in from an area that is classed as a hotspot and is in local lockdown, please do not attend.
· If you feel unwell and have any of these symptoms, fever, headache, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, nausea, and vomiting prior to training please do not attend.
· If are required to be in self-isolation, please do not attend.
· If you have arrived back from a country that is on the UK government quarantine list and you are required to quarantine in accordance with government guidelines, please do not attend.
· Students will be required to wear masks when traveling around common indoor areas of campus.
· There are stands for hand sanitizer at the entrance to each building and you are expected to wash hands regularly during the day.
· Students are to keep a 2-meter distance from others when in common areas.
· Staff will run through fire procedures on your first attendance to ensure you know to access and egress routes as well as meeting points in an emergency.
· You will be sent your building and room allocations prior to your training weekend
On-site Facilities and access
In terms of travel to and facilities at the Middlesex campus please see below:
· Middlesex University Hendon Campus is served via Northern Line tube and Thameslink overground; both are around a 10-15 min walk to the campus. Please see the attached campus map to help you find your way around the campus.
· Middlesex has a large number of parking spaces which are on a first come first served basis, the car park is also used by Saracens Rugby on match days and other Middlesex weekend users, do bear this in mind when planning travel. we currently know that Saracens have matches on Sunday 13th September and Sunday 4th October, this may change should restrictions change in the coming months.
· Whilst we are trying to secure the Quad Café opening on the campus this may not be feasible. Therefore, can you please bring water, snacks, and lunch to your training days. If you would prefer not to bring your own lunch there are coffee shops and restaurants about a 7-10 min walk off-campus.
· You are welcome to use all areas of the outdoor space and there are a number of marquees with tables and chairs to sit and eat lunch should you bring your own.
· We would ask that you keep bags and personal items to a minimum so as not to take up space in training rooms.
· There is WIFI access for students via Middx open network but should you already have an eduroam account this is also an option.
Please do contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.