Head of HR
The Institute is seeking to recruit an experienced HR Professional. We require a versatile, organised and motivated Head of HR to lead the smooth operation of people services and administration of HR. The post holder will embrace change and thrive on new challenges.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to handle confidential information is essential. The role requires initiative, and an adaptable and flexible approach at all times. Excellent IT skills and high levels of competency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required.
Main Purpose of the job:-
Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the Executive you will ensure that excellent standards are adopted across all HR processes and initiatives. You will develop a culture to attract, develop, retain and engage great people, driving a strong culture of positive employee relations.
You will be the subject matter expert on all areas of HR and ensure robust processes are in place at all stages of the employment lifecycle, based on the capture, monitoring and analysis of key HR metrics. You will build strong internal relationships and work with senior managers to understand key business issues and drivers so that you can fully support achievement of the Institute 5-year strategic plan and to gain University title.
You will offer advice and practical support on recruitment and resourcing activity, helping recruiting managers to determine requirements and ensure that recruitment processes are fully effective, robust and fair, and that the Institute recruitment process is a good experience for candidates.
You will help create and maintain a high-achieving organisational culture through reward systems, employee engagement, and equality and diversity. You will develop creative opportunities that drive an increase in employee engagement and raise awareness of the importance of engagement and well-being across the Institute.
The successful candidate should:
- CIPD qualification Level 7 in HR or equivalent Employment law, with experience of using knowledge to advise managers
- Relevant comprehensive HR experience at management level
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, e.g. Excel and Word.
- Good planning, organisational skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels across the Institute whilst demonstrating a flexible approach and maintaining the confidentiality and sensitivity of information
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial
- Good communication skills within a variety of contexts (verbal, email, written) and with people at all levels
Metanoia Institute is a busy and thriving Higher Education Institute offering training and clinical services.
The Institute understands the benefits of recruiting a diverse range of people and we select the best possible on merit alone. We welcome applications from under-represented sections of the community. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader, guaranteeing to offer an interview to anyone who meets the definition of disability set out in the Equality Act 2010 and who meets all of the essential criteria contained within the person specification.
Please apply via this email: Anita.Faherty@metanoia.ac.uk
NO AGENCIES PLEASE