Director of Studies BSc in Reflective Therapeutic Practice
Who we are
Metanoia Institute is an established charity that provides high-quality education and training in psychological therapies to almost 2000 students in Ealing, London. Founded in 1983, it was one of the first institutions to offer humanistic programs in psychotherapy and counselling in the UK. Since 1994, it has had a collaborative relationship with Middlesex University, and now it is preparing to take overall responsibility for its programs and apply for Degree Awarding Powers. As part of this development, the Institute is seeking a Director of Studies BSc in Reflective Therapeutic Practice.
About the role
This is an innovative, specialist programme, a one-year top-up of both taught and individual study for counsellors, coaches and allied health practitioners who have qualified from courses that are not validated by a university focused specifically on reflective practice within participants clinical work. The programme provides a way of supporting clinicians to enhance and deepen their clinical practice through placing reflective practice at the very heart of what they do and have this development recognised at a higher level by achieving an undergraduate honours degree. For example, focusing on equality, diversity and inclusion as a theme embedded and integrated into the therapeutic relationship. The Director of Studies will lead and develop this innovative programme which provides a career progression pathway for qualified professionals.
But not limited to:
- Post-holders will demonstrate academic leadership and innovation in learning, teaching, and program development.
- Supporting the management and strategic planning processes of the Faculty and the Institute.
- Maintain oversight of the recruitment, progression, and outcomes of students.
- Will be instrumental in driving positive student outcomes and NSS/TEF key performance indicators.
- Line-manage a program team to ensure the quality of provision and student outcomes.
- Responsible for; programme recruitment and admissions criteria (including representation at open events, programme marketing and documentation); leadership of learning, teaching and assessment on the programme; curriculum development; student progression, outcomes and awards; quality assurance, standards and enhancement on the programme; student advice and guidance; liaison with external examiners; organisation of timetabling, room bookings and programme handbooks.
- The Director of Studies role may include between 12-16 days teaching/12-16 student facing days, teaching group responsibility and marking/second marking responsibilities.
What we are looking for
- A Master’s degree or equivalent clinical qualification
- Registration as a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and/or BACP Accredited Counsellor.
- Significant experience of high-quality teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experience and abilities. We actively encourage BAME applicants to apply as we are committed to equality and diversity as an Institute.
The closing date for completed applications is: 26/5/2023.
To learn more about this post please contact HR@metanoia.ac.uk or for an informal conversation please contact Dr Peter Pearce, Head of Faculty, Applied Social and Organisational Science on email@example.com