Values and Behaviours
Metanoia Institute is committed to the development of a fair and inclusive community. Our Values and behaviours set out the expectations of our community, both as individuals and as an institution. They facilitate an environment where voicing ideas and being heard are enabled through mutual respect, and students and staff can flourish regardless of background or circumstance.
We commit to sharing these values and behaviours with all new members of our community when they arrive to underpin our desire to truly live and breathe them
- We aim to make the world a better place, to have a positive impact, and we start with each other.
- We will assume the best of everyone.
- We will actively support, encourage, mentor, promote and advocate for our students, staff, and clients to enable the best possible experiences.
- We will always seek the truth at source and be honest and transparent in our endeavours.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion will enrich our community, and quality of our education.
- We will positively impact the community beyond us, by providing accessible therapy to all.
- We will take personal and collective ownership for our wins and losses.
- We will be honest and accountable to ourselves, each other, the organisation and beyond.
- We will take personal responsibility for contributing to a positive work environment, where respect, and collaboration are encouraged.
- We will take the initiative to identify and solve problems proactively and collaboratively.
- We embrace diversity in all its forms, valuing the unique perspectives, ideas, and experiences of each individual within our community.
- We speak out against discrimination and bias and will equip, and support others to do the same.
- We respect and value the whole person, and the multiple identities that make us unique
- We will remain conscious of existing inequalities and strive for equity in our decisions and actions.
- We will practice cultural humility- acknowledging there is always more to learn and approach every interaction with an open mind and desire to understand.
- We actively encourage diversity of thought and action by being wide open to new ideas, innovation, and creativity and to all people that present them.
- We listen actively to others without judgement.
- We are receptive to change and willing to adapt to new situations.
- We will maintain an open mind and consider multiple viewpoints before making decisions.
- We will make space for thoughts, reflection and feedback that enables a positive culture of growth and challenge.
Challenge and Growth
- We will push ourselves and others to strive for excellence and continuously improve.
- We question and challenge ideas, policy, practice, and ourselves for betterment.
- We will recognise and challenge biases or assumptions that may limit our thinking.
- We question assumptions and challenge the status quo in pursuit of progress and growth.
- We embrace failures and mistakes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- We will recognise and celebrate accomplishments and set new challenges to stretch us further.