Our Vision and Strategy
To lead the way in therapy education and training, cultivating an outstanding, culturally responsive, and highly skilled psychological workforce. We aim to transcend barriers, making therapy accessible to every corner of society, using our influence to create impactful and positive change.
- Education – We will provide a transformative and enriching teaching and learning experience that empowers students to achieve their potential and inspires them to make a positive impact in their communities. We will nurture a supportive learning environment that fuels growth, sparks creativity, and cultivates critical thinking. We will use research to continuously explore and implement evidence-based approaches for the most effective and impactful educational experience.
- Training –We will deliver programmes that integrate clinical practice with academic rigour underpinned by research to provide well-defined and flexible training pathways that lead to immediate employability across all sectors, allowing graduates to make a meaningful impact from day one.
These are underpinned by four strategic priorities: Inclusion, Innovation, Intelligence, and Sustainability.
Strategic Priorities 2023-2028
Strategic Aim 1
To foster a culture of inclusion that promotes diversity, equity and belonging for all students and staff through inclusive teaching practices, an inclusive curriculum, and an inclusive environment.
- Equip tutors with the necessary knowledge and skills to create an inclusive teaching space by providing ongoing training and professional development opportunities on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Develop an inclusive curriculum that reflects the diversity of our student body and the world around us, and that fosters cultural awareness and understanding.
- Implement inclusive teaching practices that create a safe and supportive learning environment for all students, regardless of their backgrounds, by providing differentiated instruction, diverse instructional materials and promoting student-centred learning.
- Create an inclusive environment that values and respects the experiences, perspectives, and identities of all members of the Metanoia Community by implementing policies and practices that promote equity and belonging.
- Increase the diversity of the workforce by actively recruiting, retaining, and supporting individuals from underrepresented communities, ensuring representation across all staff groups.
- Encourage and enable tutors to incorporate diverse perspectives and experiences into their teaching by providing them with access to inclusive materials and resources.
Strategic Aim 2
To drive innovation across all aspects of our institution by modernising education design and delivery methods, upgrading supporting infrastructure, enhancing our brand and marketing efforts, and leveraging digitisation.
- Introduce innovative education design and delivery methods such as personalised and adaptive learning to enhance student engagement and learning outcomes.
- Modernise our supporting infrastructure, including campus and student facilities, space, technology systems and administrative processes, to improve efficiency and enable innovation.
- Enhance our brand and marketing efforts to attract and retain remarkable students and staff from the widest demographic and showcase our institutional strengths and accomplishments.
- Embrace digitisation by integrating new technologies such as virtual learning, digital library, CRM, and AI into our educational and administrative processes to enhance efficiency and innovation.
- Empower and amplify the student voice to ensure institutional innovation efforts align with the needs, preferences, and aspirations of the student body.
Strategic Aim 3
To become an intelligence-led institution that prioritises data-driven decision-making, evidence-based education and practice and a student-centred approach whilst staying ahead of emerging trends in Higher Education.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive data analytics programme that captures and analyses data from across the institution to inform strategic decision-making, improve student experience, and identify areas for continual improvement.
- Foster a culture of evidence-based education and practice by providing academic staff with the necessary resources and training to incorporate research findings into their teaching and professional development activities.
- Use intelligence to drive innovation and continuous improvement by using data to identify areas for improvement and take a proactive approach to addressing emerging challenges.
- Place students at the centre of all decision-making by harnessing data to gain insights into the student experience and by incorporating student feedback and input in the development of new initiatives and programmes.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan that aligns teaching research and strategic decision-making with emerging trends and best practices in Higher Education.
- Evaluate the impact of research activities on the Institute’s purpose and strategic objectives and make necessary adjustments to research priorities and activities as needed.
Strategic Aim 4
To ensure long-term sustainability by becoming an autonomous organisation, maximising growth and income opportunities, and embedding sustainable development principles across all our plans, including financial security.
- Achieve autonomy status by meeting the regulatory requirements for degree awarding powers, enabling us to expand our academic offerings, attract top talent and generate income to support our sustainability objectives.
- Pursue growth and diversification opportunities to increase our revenue streams and ensure long-term financial sustainability while staying true to our institutional values and mission.
- Embed sustainable development principles across all our plans, including financial security, by integrating sustainability considerations into our decision-making process policies and practices.
- Create a resilient infrastructure and business continuity plan that is adaptable and able to withstand external shocks, economic downturns, and pandemics.
- Generate income through strategic partnerships, research collaborations, Continuing Professional Development opportunities for the profession and other ventures that align with our institutional values and contribute to sustainability objectives.
- Enhance our brand and reputation, promote achievements, and harness our academic strengths to become a destination for students, academics, and researchers from around the world.