Faculty 2 Research and Doctoral Programmes
The Faculty of Post-Qualification and Professional Doctorates offers a suite of Doctoral Programmes.
Post-Qualification Doctorates support:
- Senior, fully qualified, mid-career therapy practitioners wishing to undertake research on an aspect of their own practice and achieve a Doctorate in Psychotherapy by Professional Studies (DPsych)
Senior, fully qualified, mid-career therapy practitioners wishing to undertake a reflexive audit of their doctoral level achievements and achieve a Doctorate in Psychotherapy by Public Works (DPsych PW)
Therapy practitioners who wish to undertake advanced research on an aspect of psychotherapy and counselling and earn an MPhil/PhD.
A Professional Doctorate supports:
Psychology graduates wishing to obtain BPS Chartered Psychologist status and HCPC registration as a Counselling Psychologist/Practitioner Psychologist while earning a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy by Professional Studies (DCPsych)
For further information on any of these opportunities to pursue Doctoral research or training please click on the relevant link below.
DPsych PW - Doctorate in Psychotherapy by Public Works
DCPsych - Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy by Professional Studies
MPhil/PhD - Master/Doctor of Philosophy
The aim of Faculty 2, is to inform, facilitate and lead research strategy and innovation, in collaboration and across all MI programmes. The research work of Faculty 3, can be categorized into four(4) distinct areas:
1) Development of Research Culture, Projects and Events Across Programmes
2) Research Clinic And EBC Counselling Consortium; Coordination Of External Placement
3) Development Of Case Study Research Projects
4) Research Projects And Links With External Partners (Professional And Academic Bodies)
Please click the links above, for more information:
Metanoia Institute's Research Centre
Metanoia Counselling & Psychotherapy Service (MCPS)
Metanoia Institute Research Centre conducts practice-based research within the research clinic, and engages in collaborative, multi-site projects with other universities and public services.
Staff within Metanoia Institute are research-active and full details of current research is available here.